The mission of Fall in Love with Lents is to build community, celebrate art, and activate Lents Town Center by creating opportunities accessible to all members of our diverse East Portland neighborhoods to connect, explore, and create in our own community.
This event aims to achieve these goals by supporting existing businesses, organizations, and marginalized communities in Lents by developing increased awareness about these groups. Fall in Love with Lents will attract neighbors and fellow Portlanders to spend time and money in Lents. We aim to bring different demographics and cultural groups together to celebrate our resilience as Portlanders.
We acknowledge the economic changes and challenges over the past years have disproportionately impacted East Portlanders. We want to empower all people, regardless of socioeconomic status, to engage with their local community during Fall in Love with Lents by providing a variety of programming to ensure that all participants can have fun, foster future collaborations, and make long-lasting connections with their neighbors right in the heart of their community.
There are so many ways to get involved with this event all winter long!
- Share your art, music, and creative joy!
- Artists & Vendors are invited to showcase their works and wares at the East Portland Art Fair on Saturday, February 12th. Applications to vend can be found here – please let us know if you need any support with the application!
- Calling all performers, musicians, poets – join us on stage all weekend – performer application here. Performers and musicians will be compensated (see application for details!)
- Create an “Art Umbrella” for attendees to interact with – sign up here!
- Help us curate an amazing artist & performer line up! Volunteer as a selection committee member here!
- Volunteer with us!
- Whether you have an hour or two week-of, can hang fliers, or want to join the Event Planning Team, there is a volunteer role available for you! Check out this volunteer form to find out more about the opportunities!
- Have great organizational skills, or want to develop them? Join the planning team as a Selection Committee Member, Artist/Performer Coordinator, or Treasure Hunt lead!
- Clean-up the community with us in partnership with SOLVE Oregon!
- Support the Arts & Community
- Financial and in-kind sponsorships are available – please get in touch for more information